Mohs surgery technician (Riverside/Tiverton/Johnston/Newport/Warwick)
Aspire Dermatology is seeking a Mohs technician full time to help our growing practice.
Hours: Full Time, 40 hours, Monday -- Friday (And occasional Saturdays); 8:00 am -- 5:00 pm (or similar hours, must be flexible)
Pay: TBD based on education, certifications, and experience. Medical and dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays benefits, excellent continuing education and career growth benefits.
Job description: Provides support to our Mohs surgeon. This includes accurately preparing and processing histologic specimens for microscopic evaluation and review by the Mohs surgeon. Maintains appropriate quality controls, and ensures the department is operating in accordance with all standards set forth by OSHA, CLIA and other regulatory agencies.
- Processes, embeds, cuts and stains quality frozen tissue specimens.
- Performs and documents tests in compliance with quality control procedures and established parameters and standards.
- Maintains appropriate quality controls, and ensures the department is operating in accordance with all standards set forth by OSHA, CLIA and other regulatory agencies.
- Maintains histology equipment in good working order and troubleshoots equipment problems.
- Works with the Mohs surgeon to resolve quality control, patient, or procedural problems.
- Orders supplies related to the defined area.
- Cross trains appropriate staff on job duties.
- Consistently follows policies, procedures, and protocols at Aspire Dermatology.
- Maintains an extremely high level of confidentiality and follows HIPAA guidelines.
- Responsible for delivering a high level of customer service in all in interactions with patients, providers, employees, vendors, and guests.
- Assists in meeting and exceeding individual, team and organizational goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Maintains yearly competencies.
- Experience: One (1) year of experience (within the past five (5) years) as a Mohs Histotechnician.
- Education: Associates degree in histotechnology, medical technology, biological sciences or related field; or, a certificate of successful completion of a NAACLS accredited Histotechnician program is required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Proficiency in the use of applicable computer software.
- In order to work effectively with patients, must have effective interpersonal and communication skills and be able to stand, walk, bend, lift at least 50 pounds, hear, speak, and see.
- Maintenance of ASCP Histotechnician (HT) certification preferred.
Please submit your resume to: email@example.com